Steiner Schools in Australia
Provides information on the Steiner Schools in Australia, teacher education, and other information.
Rudolf Steiner Schools of Australia
The Steiner Education Australia, (SEA) is an incorporated body representing member schools throughout the states and territories of Australia.
About Rudolf Steiner
For a brief biography on Rudolf Steiner and links to many of his lectures.
Bags and Lunch Boxes – Our school recommends this Melbounre based company that manufacture wonderful school bags and lunch boxes. www.boxydesign.com.au
Sheepskin rugs – Ballarat Ugg boots – 4 Stonepark Road, Delacombe. Ph: 5336 1060. 10% discount for Steiner School and kindergarten families
An extensive database of Steiner information and articles.
Why Waldorf Works
This is a great site that answers so many questions about ‘Why Warldorf (or Steiner Schools) work.
Reading in Steiner Schools
Early Play Australia
Early Play Australia is a Early Childhood News Blogs Community, with lots of great articles on Parenting and Teaching.
This is a great blog on the benefits of Waldorf Toys.
John Allison is Ballarat Steiner School’s Mentor, and is a well know anthroposophist and communicator. His website has some very insightful articles on it.
Offers courses in Anthroposophy by distance education, each course commencing on the first day of the month, 26 lessons in a block delivered by post or e-mail. The course leads over a period of 2-3 years to the syllabus of the School for Spiritual Science.
Audio Collection of Books by Rudolf Steiner:
The Inner Work Path offers courses, lectures and publications in the light of anthroposophy and the work of Rudolf Steiner
Useful Book for Parents
- You are Your Child’s First Teacher by R. Baldwin
- Steiner Education: Floris Books by G Childs
- The Waldorf Parenting Handbook by CusickCUSICK
- Seven Times The Sun by Darian
- School as a Journey by Torin M Finser
- Waldorf Education by Martin Large
- Natural Childhood by John Thompson
- Educating as an Art by Piening and Lyons
- The Way of the Child b A.C. Harwood
- You are Your Child’s First Teacher by Rahima Baldwin
- The Four Temperaments by Rudolf Steiner
- The Hurried Child by D. Elkind
- The Incarnating Child by J. Salter